- AARPI M&B, data controller of your personal data
AARPI M&B, an association of lawyers with individual professional liability registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 851 258 301, whose registered office is located at 7, rue Margueritte 75017 Paris, is responsible for protecting your personal data.
In its capacity as data controller, AARPI M&B implements the necessary measures to ensure that its activity complies with the provisions of the GDPR and the Law n°78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to data processing, files and freedoms (hereinafter “the Law”).
- Personal data processed by AARPI M&B
In accordance with the provisions of the GDPR and the Law, personal data is any information relating to a natural person that can be identified directly or indirectly.
Thus, within the framework of its activity, AARPI M&B is required to process a certain amount of personal data such as IP addresses, e-mail addresses, postal and telephone details, and personal identification data (surname, first name).
- The purposes and legal bases of the processing carried out by AARPI M &B
The processing of your personal data is limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. AARPI M&B processes your personal data for the following purposes in particular:
- On the one hand, the management of your file in the context of the contractual lawyer/client relationship. In this case, the processing is based on the execution of the contract between us;
- On the other hand, to manage your subscription to our newsletter, in which case the processing is based on the legitimate interest of AARPI M&B, given the activity of disseminating legal news in French and Spanish law to its clients, potential clients, prescribers and partners.
In addition to these two main purposes, AARPI M&B may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Invoicing and collection of fees;
- The keeping of its accounts;
- Compliance with legal and regulatory obligations such as the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism;
- Organizing, registering and inviting you to AARPI M&B events.
- The recipients of your personal data
AARPI M&B will only pass on your personal data to authorized and specified recipients, always with respect to confidentiality. These recipients are: lawyers, jurists, bailiffs, notaries, experts, translators, administrative staff of AARPI M&B, as well as our IT service provider and the manager of our newsletter mailings.
AARPI M&B does not transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Union.
- How long we keep your personal data
In accordance with the principle of limited retention, AARPI M&B defines the duration of the retention of your personal data as follows:
- With regard to the management of your customer file, AARPI M&B keeps your personal data for the entire duration of the contractual relationship, plus a period of five (5) years from the end of the mandate entrusted to it.
- With regard to the sending of our newsletter, AARPI M&B retains your personal data until you unsubscribe or cancel your subscription to the newsletter. The data of prospective customers is kept for a period of three (3) years from the last contact if no participation or registration in AARPI M&B events has taken place;
- With regard to the prevention of money laundering and the financing of terrorism, the customer’s personal data is kept for five (5) years from the end of the business relationship with AARPI M&B;
- For accounting purposes, the data is kept for ten (10) years from the end of the accounting year.
- Security of your personal data
AARPI M&B implements technical and organizational measures to guarantee the security of your personal data and to provide enhanced protection. Security includes maintaining the availability, integrity and confidentiality of your personal data.
- How to exercise your rights
In accordance with the provisions of the GDPR and the Law, you have the right to access, edit or delete your personal data with AARPI M&B as soon as possible, and in any event within one month of AARPI M&B receiving your request.
The right of access allows you to obtain from AARPI M&B confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed and, if so, the right to obtain a copy of them.
If your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, you may request their correction.
You may also request the deletion of your personal data under certain conditions established by the GDPR and by the Law, in particular when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
Furthermore, in some cases you may request the limitation of the processing of your data, in which case AARPI M&B may not keep them, except if a legal obligation requires the processing or if it is necessary to manage a potential dispute. Any resumption of processing by AARPI M&B may only take place with your consent.
If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of AARPI M&B, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time.
Finally, you have the right to the portability of your personal data, provided that the processing in question is based on the performance of the contract concluded with AARPI M&B or on your consent. Portability allows you to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured and readable format so that you can, if necessary, communicate this copy to another data controller.
If you have given us your consent to process your data for any purpose, you also have the right to withdraw it at any time.
In order to exercise the above rights, you may contact us at any time by sending your request by post to the following postal address: M&B Avocats, 7 rue Margueritte – 75017 PARIS or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, we inform you that you have the right to file a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés, by mail to the postal address below:
Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés
3 Place Fontenoy – TSA 80175 – 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07