In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation1, Article 82 of the French Data Protection Act 2 and the recommendations of the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), the purpose of this policy is to fully inform users of the website by defining the concept of cookies, the types of cookies used, their purpose, and their settings.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by a server on the user’s terminal (computer, telephone, tablet, etc.) when they visit our website.
What are the types of cookies and their purposes?
From a theoretical point of view, there are internal cookies and third-party cookies:
– Internal cookies are directly created by the website visited by users. Only that website can read them. In principle, these cookies are used to ensure the proper functioning of the website, to record user preferences and to track user behavior.
– Third-party cookies are created by a website that uses external services. In this case, the data collected by means of this type of cookie is processed by another entity. These cookies are mainly used for advertising purposes.
From a practical point of view, AARPI M&B uses two types of cookies for the use of its website. These are distinguished according to the purpose for which they are used:
– On the one hand, technical cookies are strictly necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the website and access to its functions;
– On the other hand, analytical cookies (performance and audience measurement) are cookies that aim to analyze the habits of the site’s users and to evaluate its attendance rate. These cookies are used for statistical purposes in order to improve the functioning of the website.
When users of the website click on buttons referring to social networks (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and WhatsApp), they are strongly advised to consult the privacy and cookie management policies published by each of these networks.
How long are cookies kept?
Cookies have a limited lifespan of thirteen (13) months after they are first deposited on the users’ terminal.
In addition, AARPI M&B will keep users’ choices (both consent and refusal) for a period of six (6) months.
- Safari : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/effacer-cookies-donnees-site-firefox
- Google Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr
The refusal of cookies could affect their browsing experience on the website. Indeed, certain services and functionalities may not be available.
As AARPI M&B reserves the right to modify the content of this cookies policy, website users are invited to consult it regularly.